Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mr. McClung

Although I'm just over two years from teaching I still think about what it will be like my first year of teaching. Mr. McClung's advice is something I know I will keep and refer back to often, not only as I prepare for my teaching career, but when I begin to teach as well. He made some great points about things that may seem obvious to some people, (such as communication, flexibility, and listening to students), but are often overlooked by first-year teachers. There are so many things they are trying to learn and teach their students that the obvious is sometimes overlooked.




3 comments:

  1. Keep in contact with him through his blog, the Attheteachersdesk blog, and Twitter! He will be glad to help, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My personal learning network is beginning to grow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you agree. I agreed also. Out of all of all the classes that I have been enrolled in, a third of the teachers didn't exhibit those fundamental skills.


    It was a pleasure reading your post!!!

    ReplyDelete