Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Alice Christie's site

The Earth

When I explored Dr. Christie's site, I saw several things that could be used effectively in a K-12 classroom. However, one part in particular caught my attention.

Dr. Christie has a section explaining Google Earth, and how it works. Google Earth is a valuable tool that could be used in any classroom. You could use it teaching World Geography, as well as studies on communities in lower grades. You can even use Google Earth to teach Weather during your Science lesson. I like that Dr. Christie gives all the information needed to access Google Earth, as well as tutorials on how to use it.

2 comments:

  1. Her site will be very useful when we get to Google Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used Google earth before at home. It's pretty neat. I think it would be very helpful in a classroom.

    ReplyDelete