Monday, October 19, 2009

New Media Literacies

vertical chalkboard drawing of 2 people plus 2 people equals 4 people (used to represent teamwork)
Watching The New Media Literacies video was very distracting. The choice of colors and graphics overpowered the message. That said, I did eventually focus on the message instead of the video. My review of the content follows.
Some of the skills discussed are necessary in life no matter what your career choice is.You should always use good judgment in making choice, whether they be career choices, school choices, or social choices. Negotiation skills, Play skills, Multitasking, and Appropriation skills are all also necessary to succeed in life. All the skills mentioned are very valuable, some more than others in different career fields.
I believe I already possess a number of these skills, thanks to previous work history, marriage, and motherhood. For me, Multitasking is a daily norm; as is judgment,performance, and visualization. The skills I am lacking in, will have to be learned or sharpened through personal learning networks, and good old fashioned experience.
The main thing I take from this video is the fact that when we enter the teaching field, we will have to be willing to work collaboratively, and less independently in order to succeed.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more about the distracting production values. There's a fine line between "neat special effect" and "photoshop disaster."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The main thing I take from this video is the fact that when we enter the teaching field, we will have to be willing to work collaboratively, and less independently in order to succeed." Correct.

    And ignore my comment on the post immediately above this one. I am reading them from top to bottom. You answered, in this earlier post, the question I asked above.

    ReplyDelete