Monday, October 12, 2009

This Is How We Dream

stack of books
Like Richard Miller, I too grew up around books. I developed a love of books at an early age and, to this day, still have a great relationship with those bound pages of endless adventures. Mr. Miller addresses books as they are used in an academic context, and compares them to online information. He points out how easily it is to access several sources of information without ever stepping foot into a brick and mortar library. He then discusses how to take that information, and compile it into a multimedia project.
He points out that books eventually are removed from circulation and the information is basically unavailable. But with electronic technology, the project is always available to anyone who wishes to access it.
Mr. Miller wants to see students complete projects using the newest multimedia technology. I don't feel that I'm prepared to write with multimedia, yet. But, with a little more time, I'm sure my project will be posted right here, for all who care to see.

1 comment: