Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Visit to The Teacher's Desk

Messy Desk
"At the Teacher's Desk" is a blog maintained by...you guessed it, teachers. Ten teachers, to be exact. Boring you say? Think again. The collaborators are educators from at least three different countries, yes, countries. New Zealand, Australia, and USA.
The content is as varied as the individuals are, and the substance is great. You will find work by the students as well as thought-provoking posts by the collaborators. You could spend days exploring every nook and cranny, or as technical people call them, links. In fact, I challenge you to explore this blog. If you don't find something that sparks your interest, or causes to you pause and think, let me know. I would love to see an example of what you do find interesting and helpful.
I'm really impressed with the effort that goes into maintaining "At The Teacher's Desk", and would be thrilled to be part of an effort such as this. Who knows, in a couple of years I could start my own collaboration with another group of teachers. Anything is possible.
Can you tell I think collaborative blogs are a good idea? If you were not sure, let me say one more thing. With a collaborative blog, you have a support team that you can turn to for fresh ideas, a helping hand, or a sounding board whenever you need them. They may be a world away, but with the world wide web, they're only a mouse click away.

3 comments:

  1. These are very kind words! I like to post things on the blog that I believe are important for others to read. I also try to make sure that it has value for classroom teachers, not just the educational elite.

    Your voice has value too. Why not start a collaboratvie blog with some of the students from school? Imagine the value in explaining your thoughts and experiences through the rest of your schooling and student teaching.

    Mr. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll definitely consider doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you have great passion for teaching. I know your going to be a wonderful teacher. Like Mr. Chamberlain said you should create a collaborative blog. I know I would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete