Monday, November 16, 2009

Whatever, Dr. Wesch

Whatever it takes Although I don't posess an iron will, I am willing to do whatever it takes to make my dreams come true.  This is a quiet willingness.  Eloquent speeches of dramatic resolve aren't part of the script.  I simply get on with the business of living my dreams.
How do Dr. Wesch's comments in his video fit my life in regards to me personally, as a college student, and as a future educator? That is the question Dr. Strange has asked us to address. Personally, I was an MTV watching teen, and can remember when 'whatever' meant 'I don't care". I remember how bad cable t.v. was for us, but we watched it anyway, and what do you know; we turned out okay, for the most part. :)
I never really realized people were so engrossed in YouTube. I've really just thought of it as a source for entertainment, and I use the word 'entertainment' very loosely. The thought that YouTube has/is a community boggles my mind. I wonder, do these people have lives?
In the end, I was glad I watched Dr. Wesch's video in its entirety. The challenge, or idea, that a new meaning for 'whatever' be developed inspired me. I love the idea of people not just saying "whatever it takes", but living "whatever it takes". I want to be a teacher that says...WHATEVER! (Applying the new meaning, of course.)

1 comment: