Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thank You Mrs. Digman

Faith Academy Sign
One of the classes I am taking at South Alabama requires me to perform service hours for teachers at different schools. On Monday, November 9, I spent the day with Mrs. Digman and her class at Faith Academy . I was very nervous going in because I have only been in a public school setting and was not sure what to expect at a private school.
Well, I have to say it was one of the most rewarding days of my education adventure thus far. I had a FANTABULOUS time! I was completely taken in by Mrs. Digman and her 5th graders. They are a great group of students, all eager to learn. I was welcomed with open arms, and felt like I belonged there. I hated to see the time come for me to leave. I was there from 7:45 until 12:45, and the entire time was spent in hands-on learning. I was fortunate enough to be able to help the students make rockets, which they planned on launching on the following Friday. I hope they were a huge success!
Again, thank you Mrs. Digman, and also Mrs. Skelton, for letting me come into your class and be a Ram, if it was only for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment