Monday, November 30, 2009

Some Things I've Learned in EDM 310

Wordle
There are so many things that I have learned in Dr. Strange's class, that I'm afraid I can't name them all...but I'll tell you as many as I can.
iTunesU--who knew you could find anything educational on iTunes--not I; until now.

YouTube--ok, so I've got ONE video on YouTube. More to come? We'll see.
Picasa--was already using that, but did learn how to resize pictures in it.
Blogs--Will I continue? Probably.
Wikis--Whatever.
Google Docs--Wonderful! No more worrying about flash drives falling apart. Yes, my flash drive fell apart with a half-finished project on it. Let your documents live in the clouds and retrieve them whenever you want.
Google spreadsheets--Fun, but not something I see myself using.
PLN--Promising
Twitter--We'll see
Comments4kids--Adorable. I loved doing this project. I loved commenting on the student's work.
Skype--love it! I love talking face to face--over the computer! And it's FREE!!!
Videocasts--I was not made for video.
Podcasts--I was not made for podcasts. I'm too Country!
Movie Maker-- I really enjoyed making the movie. This is something I know I will do again. If not for my students, then for my family. I really enjoyed the editing process, as well as the creative process.
MyTinyURL--I'm so glad Dr. Strange showed us this site. Great for adding links in blogs. Simple to use.
Wordle---LOVE ME SOME WORDLES! I know that's not correct grammatically, but I really do. :)

I can't think of anything I wanted to learn but did not. This class was so much more than I expected. I could have done without some of the Skype chats. Sorry, but the kids were more fun to chat with than the adults. I was absolutely excited about chatting with the Pt. England school. They were fantastic. I don't think Twitter should be required, but I'm glad I learned a little more about it.

Am I technologically literate now? Yes. Is there more I could learn? Yes. Will I continue to update my technological education? Yes. How? By keeping up my PLN, and following some of my new teacher heroes.

Did I miss anything? I hope not, but if I did, just let me know!

Happy Blogging!

3 comments:

  1. I love your wordle for all the different things we have learned in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I don't think I'm made for podcast or videocast either! But we had a good time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor Swift has a great following!

    Your contributions to the class were many. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete